Information we collect from you
The information we collect from you are your name, postal and email address, date of birth, financial details, and any other information considered necessary.
Purpose of collecting information
The purpose of collecting the above information is to identify you and assess your application, provide you with all necessary information, protect you against fraud with regard to banking and finance and for periodically give information about Mad About Money’s products and services
From where do we collect information about you?
- We collect data directly from your online application. We also take data from the information you provide on your interaction with our customer service department
- We may monitor and record your telephone conversation with us and our customer services department;
- We may collect information about your transactions, including loan balances;
- Collect from credit reference agencies and customer service providers regarding credit worthiness and credit history;
- information that is collected when you use the website. You may have provided the information to identify you and validate your use of the Website for fraud prevention purposes;
- information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and is not in individually identifiable form;
- automatic information obtained by using “cookies” when your browser accesses our Website and when you log-in.
Use and disclosure
We always try to ensure that the personal data that you have given us is only used for the purpose it has been taken
There is very restricted use of your personal data amongst
- those involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure
- our partners in financial transactions, including financial institutions, merchants and payment organizations
- credit and fraud reporting agencies, debt collection agencies, and organizations involved in our normal business practices
- your nominated representatives
- government or regulatory bodies, if required by law
Where we store and process your personal data
All the information that we gather about you is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. There are certain areas of the site for which you need a password to access. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and not share it with anyone. While we make all efforts to ensure security of your data, we cannot guarantee its security as transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. All transmissions are at your own risk. On our part we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Our security system is at par with industry standards and we are constantly trying to evolve and upgrade our system.
Mad About Money cookies for security and to personalize your web browsing experience.
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
- to determine if you have previously visited the website;
- to track and report on website and online campaign performance;
- to identify other pages or third parties’ websites you have accessed; and
- for fraud detection and security purposes
It is possible for you to configure your browser so that it does not receive cookies. However this means you will be unable to use secure services that require cookies in order to participate. Some of those services include (but are not limited to) our online application and some member features.